Random Drabble

There was so much and nothing that brought this on
I know I'm nothing
Not to you or anyone else
Even to myself

Why do I hold my head so high

You say I'm independent and mysterious
Independent because I have no other choice
I couldn't even stop if I wanted to

Mysterious because I only answer to what you ask
None of that. No offering up of bullshit or truth
All I am is what I tell you
Why do you think there's more
When there couldn't be
Impossible

I cry out
There's no one particular reason
Maybe it's you
You'd like that...if you cared to know
But now my head feels tight
These compresses are closing in
There isn't much space left
Not for me but maybe you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Wings of Ravens (Alternate Title: "Anam Cara")

Challenge

Beautiful Midnight